As a not for profit community group, our very existence is reliant upon our volunteers & partnerships. We offer varied opportunities to both share existing skills and develop new skills. We are also keen to work with others on new arts initiatives.
If you are interested in volunteering to help, please fill in a Volunteer Registration Form and we will be in touch.
If you have an idea for a collaboration, arts project or activity at the Onkaparinga Woollen Mill, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the current volunteer opportunities with h.ART ?
You don’t need to be an artist or crafter. People interested in the arts, people who are good organisers, with an interest in helping to develop an exciting new community initiative are welcome. The coordinating committee steer the activities of h.ART.
- Commitment: Attend meetings – about once every two weeks when planning an exhibition and then once a month. Meetings usually in the evenings. Tasks are often required to be undertaken between meetings.
- Skills: Planning, organising, financial management, grant applications
Marketing and Promotion.
Assisting to implement a plan to promote the h.ART concept and activities.
- Commitment: Up to five hours a week in the lead up to an exhibition.
- Skills: Marketing and social media skills, basic photography skills
- Commitment: Whatever time you can spare when we call for help.
- Skills: Usually cleaning and other tasks relating to fit-out of exhibition space such as painting.
Minding/staffing the exhibition space during opening hours
- Commitment: Probably 2 to 5 hours as part of a roster.
- Skills: Dealing with inquiries, giving people information, arranging sales, putting out and removing signage.
Opening nights assistance
- Commitment: A few hours on opening nights
- Skills: meet and greet, serving refreshments
Making labels and signage, catalogue assistance
- Commitment: a few hours before an exhibition opens
- Skills: Design &/or Admin skills
Helping to put up and take down and pack up an exhibition, clean space, and help to put up next exhibition.
- Commitment: 1 hour to 1 day when exhibitions are being changed over.
- Commitment: Up to 4 hours for a 2 hour workshop
- Skills: arts / craft skills, teaching small groups